Sunday, January 17, 2010

Of moving and home improvement projects

I'm on the verge of moving over to Bangi, which is currently 65km from my house. The main rationale behind moving is due to the fact that driving to and from work every day kills much brain cells, and by the time I get home, I'm usually too tired do anything other than flop on the bed and act like a corpse, and I'm sure I'll get an Oscar or two for my flawless performace.

Of course, the other reason would be that I need space away from family. My first taste of freedom back in 02, 03 made me realise how cramped I am with them. We are just so different, and I can hardly stand being in a room with them for less than an hour before I have to get out. Not that I don't appreciate them, but like most breathtaking scenery and artwork made from animal/human waste, it's better to take a huge step back, preferably from the next continent, to experience them.

The place isn't exactly the Ritz. The last I saw it, it had bird droppings all over the floor, door and doorknob of the laundry, mounds of mouldering "sentimental mementos" of the owner, an outhouse-looking WC in house, and assorted shades of fungi growing. Not to mention rough cement floors.

As far as bird droppings go, I have nothing against them, in fact I love to have them around, provided that are located in the nearest landfill or up where the sun doesn't shine in an ornithoid. And as you know I love fungi, I used to do research on them. But I prefer if they don't have the capability of waving back. Thank goodness the owners would be cleaning the house, not me.

Lastly, rough cement floors. For the record, I love cement floors. I had been dreaming of cement and throw rugs. But not only is the cement floor so rough, I'd probably be able to do my pedicure by rubbing my nails and foot on the floor, but I'm sure a surefire cure for corns is to walk around the house barefooted.

But who am I to complain. I'm getting the house dirt cheap. RM250 per month for a three-roomed flat. and besides, I'm getting to stay alone. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment